Sunday, July 24, 2005

More Movies

A couple very brief movie "reviews" while I watch Lance win his 7th Tour de France...

Repo Man - A surreal comedy that combines teen angst, repo men, and UFO's. A friend at work kept telling me to watch it, so I finally did. I was expecting something along the lines of Emilio Estevez's other comedies like Men at Work, but this was nothing like it. The humor was subtle and almost beneath the surface (Estevez eating out of a generic container marked "food",) while the bizarre story gets the emphasis. I liked it, but not for everyone.
My rating: 4 out of 5.


Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind - Difficult movie to categorize, I think officially it is considered a romantic comedy, but throw in science fiction, and mess up the chronology and you might begin to get a sense of this movie. If you like movies that you have to figure out (which I do,) this is a great one... if you didn't like how movies like Pulp Fiction or Run Lola Run are put together, you might be a bit confused. Excellent acting and special effects, for some of which they used trap doors and other tricks to make the shots continuous.
5 out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home