Thursday, July 21, 2005

Current Vinyl Record














So this afternoon I received my long-awaited [not really] vinyl version of the 89.3 founding member's CD. All the founding members received the CD a few weeks ago, and it's pretty good, though a little melancholy for my tastes. Keep in mind that the last vinyl record I played was probably my dad's copy of the Empire Strikes Back soundtrack... and I haven't owned a record player of my own since I was 4 or 5 years old and listened to Kermit the Frog singing, "It's Not Easy Being Green".

I'm definitely not one of those audiophiles who thinks that records sound better than CD's, nor do I anticipate a wave of nostalgia as the as the stylus hits the record and those scratching noises are amplified through the speakers.

But I am curious to listen to this record, just to see what effect is has... not enough to go buy a turntable mind you, but maybe enough to ask my dad where his LP player is buried in the garage.

---
Photo Geeks: link here to the picture on PBase where you can get the full EXIF info... taken using my Rebel XT using macro mode on my Tamron 75-300 telephoto.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Cool photo. I have a little portable turntable I've been thinking of getting out to play some old 45's. Good Times.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home