Saturday, February 12, 2005

Marketing

I am typing this entry on an Apple PowerBook G4 (the 12" aluminum model) which I bought just over a year ago. It was an impulse buy... not in the sense that I walked by it in the mall and bought it, but the final decision was along the lines of "okay, I give up, I'm buying it." I had been considering buying a Mac for about 6 months prior to that. Ultimately, the lure was two things: OS X (a nice GUI on top of a stable Unix OS,) and more importantly, Apple's marketing had convinced me that if I buy their computer, I would suddenly become this insanely creative individual. I would start making movies, composing music, writing novels, and so on. Unfortunately, time and motivation does not come in the box.

Now, I am starting to write more (this blog being the primary example at present,) I have played a bit with GarageBand, and I really like the PowerBook as a machine. But, 90% of the time, it's just a rather expensive web browser.

So I guess my whole point is; Apple has a good marketing department.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kara0303 said...

You're pretty funny! Coming from a major corporation's marketing department, I fully appreciate this posting!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home