Friday, September 01, 2006

Random Thoughts from the MN State Fair

Sorry, no pictures this time either... I need to a) take some, and b) renew my hosting service (or just use blogger, blah blah...)

Ahem... random bullet-pointed thoughts fresh in my mind:
  • We are getting fatter as a state/nation. I don't remember noticing it as much previous years...
  • The food at the fair is no longer very novel -- everything there can be bought at restaurants and "your grocer's freezer." See above. This does not mean that I don't enjoy it... after all, the only other place that I'm aware of in MN to get a genuine Pronto Pup is Canterbury Park.
  • Once the sun goes down, the demographics seem to change to be more urban/hipster and less suburban/outstate. I think it's cool that every type of person shows up.
  • We have a kick-ass fair in terms of size, number of people, and things to see/do. I've been to Wisconsin's... they got nothing on us.
  • Lots of political stuff going on: t-shirts, stickers, radio stations, etc. I found it amusing that one of the conservative radio stations in town were interviewing a democratic candidate and there was a distinct difference in volume between the host's microphone and the guest's. (The host's was louder.)


That's all I got, figured I'd better write something. Next time: why never to say, "gee, I haven't yet had a flat in 700 miles of riding" while starting a 40 mile bike ride...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home