Wednesday, April 27, 2005

oops

According to Mark Wheat on 89.3 the Current, this week is National Turn-off-the-TV Week. I guess I screwed that up by getting sick and spending the last 1.5 days in front of the TV... where basically once I went through everything on my Tivo, the only options are hours-upon-hours of interior design shows, soap operas, or infomercials. I chose the former... but I guess in hindsight, I should've just tried to finish off Quicksilver. (Very good btw, basically historical fiction...)

For anyone who might be interested, I just received my calendar from ShutterFly. Oddly, they express-mailed the calendar by itself, and I haven't yet received the miscellaneous prints I also ordered. No complaints, just weird. Anyhow, I'm not very impressed for $25. Basically I'm paying for hard-stock paper, average inkjet printing, and a white spiral binding you can probably get done at Kinko's. I understand there's labor involved, and I wouldn't say it's bad by any means, but even though it's essentially a one-off job, $25 is a bit steep.

I also just learned about smugmug.com which hosts pictures and lets others order their own prints of which you can take profit from. Of course that "pro" service charges the photographer an additional $100 a year, so you'd have to be a bit serious about it and actually try to turn a profit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home