Saturday, April 23, 2005

Nothing to Say...

As I've stated before, I only like to blog something when I feel I have something to add to it, or some point to make, or whatever... it wouldn't feel worthwhile to me to sit down and write a diary out. Sometimes it can be fun to read others' blogs as such, but it's just not me. Anyways, in an attempt to flatly contradict what I just wrote -- here is one of my "projects" that I am trying to resolve:

I have a townhouse that was built in the mid 1980's so picture lighter wood than the 70's, but still some fixtures and other various interior elements usually found outside the house. I wish I would have taken a picture of the previous bedroom lighting fixtures that I removed last year. These were presumably purchased by the previous owners. Think bad seashell motif in a pseudo-chandelier form. But I digress.

Being a guy, I have no interior design ability whatsoever, nor do I really desire to have any. If I paid someone a bunch of money to come and redesign a room for me... I probably wouldn't be able to say if I liked it or not until it was done and I could actually see it.

The project that I am slowly getting around to describing is deceptively simple. I want to paint my office (ex-bedroom) a color that one would think "studio" or creative space or whatever. If someone walked in, if they immediately thought that I was one hell of a creative genius, that would be a bonus.

My current progress is basically about 10 different paint chips hanging on the wall... obtained during trips to Home Depot for other items. I own the house, so yes if I fux0r it up, I can always re-paint blah blah blah... but somehow this is just too difficult for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I vote green or orange, bright.
http://graphicdesign.about.com/od/color/a/colormeanings.htm

6:05 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Hmmm... I forgot to mention that I was leaning towards dark green...

6:33 PM  
Blogger splatgirl said...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT. Please be advised that dark green is neither creative or genius. It's your mom and dad's bad 80's basement, along with a maroon and navy blue plaid couch and some duck wallpaper border.
Bright green...yes, or brighter colors...creative, exciting and inspiring. Dark colors are for sleeping or meditating.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I don't find bright colors creative -- at least not in the sense that I am talking about here for an office, music room, photography area...

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home